Wednesday, February 27, 2008

To Die in Jerusalem-UPDATE

First, thank you to "annonymous" who pointed out the blindingly obvious--namely that contact info might be found on the film website. I sent the following email. I would not count on a response, but if I do, and assuming there is no request to keep it private, I will share it with you.

Dear Ms. Medalia,

My name is Gila Weiss, and I, like Rachel Levy, am a victim of terror. Like Rachel, my bombing was in the Spring of 2002 and was perpetrated by a female terrorist. Unlike Rachel, I was lucky, and I survived.

I recently started a blog documenting my experiences as a victim of terror. One of my readers sent me a link to your website, specifically to the "director's statement". I posted a response on my blog and am writing to bring it to your attention. I would appreciate it if you would read it, and even think about it a bit.

There is another side to this story....

http://myshrapnel.blogspot.com/
http://myshrapnel.blogspot.com/2008/02/to-die-in-jerusalem-part-ii.html
http://myshrapnel.blogspot.com/2008/02/to-die-in-jerusalem-part-i.html

Respectfully,

Gila Weiss

3 comments:

Ye'he Sh'mey Raba Mevorach said...

I'm wildly curious to see if she will bother to respond. I'm sure she's gotten some vicious hate mail.

Did you send it by email or snail mail? If you used email, what was your subject line? (Oooooooooooooh I'm such the technical writer.)

BTW I'm greatly pleased that you liked my kids. :)

Mia said...

you're welcome, I looked up the address and wrote the message but then had to run out so didn't have time to sign in.
I'm glad you sent her a message.
If anyone is to confront her it should be you.
I wonder if she will answer.

Gila said...

I would not bet on it....

Subject line: Response to To Die in Jerusalem.

Does that meet Technical Writer standards?

And of course I like your children!Especially the little shy one....oh...I must be thinking of someone else's kids. :p