Monday, May 26, 2008

Three links

The first link is to Frume Sarah's World, where one can find Haveil Havalim (and thanks for the links!). Today's post is also rather cute.

The second link is to a friend's new blog.

The third link is to Confessions of A CF Husband. I have been following this blog rather obsessively since January (along with literally thousands upon thousands of others readers). If you have time, I highly recommend it. It is the type of story that gives one faith. Even if one is a Tel Aviv apikoras-whore-of-Babylon type. :)

And no, photos of me dressed up as a Whore of Babylon are not forthcoming. Unless I actually succeed in sticking to the current diet. In which case, give it a few months and no problem. I mean, it is hard to be photographed in Whore of Babylon garb if it does not fit. Not "does not close". That would be fine--just chalk it up to my depravity. Literally, "does not go over my head". That is a problem.

I am working on it, people. Really.

On the plus side--I now have a new hearing aid! It is cute. It hides in my ear. It has three settings. If you count the mute setting which allows me to turn off my ear at will (you have no idea how lovely that is) it has four settings. It gives me an earache after a few hours. I am hoping that the last aspect will pass.

12 comments:

Baila said...

I have been reading "Confessions" since you first put it on your blogroll. It really is an amazing, inspiring story.

And I'm intrigued that you even HAVE a whore-of-Babylon outfit.

Gila said...

I do not have one. But if I were to lose weight, I could buy one, no?

Gila said...

As for Confessions--it is the type of story that you would not believe unless you saw it unfold in front of you....

kleine Maus said...

Than tell us where babels like the both of you would buy a whore of Babylon outfit.
The recognition will enable a decent person like me to switch in time to the opposite sidewalk.

Safranit said...

Weird hearing aid story...yesterday on the bus I saw a woman with the battery compartment open on her hearing aid. I didn't know if she was aware, so I informed her. She said it was intentional, and asked me why do I know about hearing aids...she also said her hearing aid was because of a pigua.

(She said she had it opened because the noise on buses was too much)

Jack said...

Whore of Babylon garb

Coming soon to a store near you. ;)

kleine Maus said...

Impossible!, Ternaard is the Dutch version of Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobbegon.
www.ternaard.nu

orieyenta said...

the mute setting which allows me to turn off my ear at will

Geez - if only we all had that ability. ;)

Batya said...

Lots of us tune out.
I hope your ear gets used to it. It reminds me when contact lenses were new and it was hard for people to keep them in their eyes for long.

Shira Salamone said...

Mazal tov on the new hearing aid! Use it in good health. (Yeah, literally.)

My son always insisted on us buying him hearing aids with an on-off switch so that he wouldn't have to leave the battery compartments open just to turn off the noise every time he rode the subway.

kleine Maus said...

Otofern earcream?

MilePost13 said...

Thank you!