Friday, July 25, 2008

I am going to be famous!

Well, no. But I am going to be on a panel as part of the First International Jewish Bloggers Convention – Hosted by Nefesh B’Nefesh, and Powered by WebAds. The convention will be on Wednesday, August 20th from 5pm to 9pm (Israel time) in Jerusalem.


Space is limited and registration is required. You can register to attend in person, or watch it all by webcam and forum. Registration is at the following URL:
http://jump2.webadsisrael.com/?MyShrapnel.JBlogger.Convention


For those of you coming in person, the organizers promise great food. Waffles?

Hope to see lots of you there...well...maybe not those of you who hate me and (apparently) most everyone else and who think I deserve to be raped and pillaged right along with Lisa Goldman and anyone else of the left, the center and the center-to-right-but-not-right-enough . But the rest of you, certainly! I would love to see you! Should be lovely!

And as a special bonus completely random item, one of my new favorite songs for your listening pleasure.



This song is now officially on my wedding/40th birthday party (whichever comes first) playlist. According to the handy-dandy new Facebook "when will I get married" application, I will be getting married in three years, so the 40th birthday will win the big party, the presents and the playlist and the wedding will be the red headed stepchild and will win the elopement. Which is fine, because, quite frankly, if I ever do meet Mr. Right, the last thing I want to do is actually try to plan a wedding with him. That will just convince him that I am insane. No...I am convinced that the best tactic is to get him drunk and get his ass to Cyprus for a quickie wedding before he can change his mind.

9 comments:

Risa said...

I can't wait to to meet you! I have signed up and hope to be approved. It sounds like a really great idea.

frumhouse said...

I so wish I could hear you speak at the conference! Enjoy yourself!

Baila said...

I signed up, but am confused by Risa's comment. I need to be "approved"? Will NBN read my blog and see if it's okay? When will I hear if I'm approved? I've already marked August 20th on my calendar, I'm so excited about this!

LOL about getting him drunk and off to Cyprus--a much, much easier task than planning a wedding!

Jack said...

most everyone else and who think I deserve to be raped and pillaged right along with Lisa Goldman

Tell us how you really feel. ;) The conference sounds like a ton of fun.

kleine Maus said...

What kind of animal is an elopement,
do I have to buy me a dictionary to find out what we are talking about?

Comment moderation sucks!

QuietusLeo said...

"I am going to be famous!"
I thought you are already famous. Anyway, if I'm approved, hope to see you there.

Ahuva said...

That sounds awesome! I wish I could be there.

Batya said...

B'ezrat Hashem, I'll see you there. My approval came in.
Sounds like we need a secret password or something.
Let's just prepare to f2f

kleine Maus said...

This First international Jewish Bloggers Convention gives me a slightly uncomfortable Obama-rama feeling.

What about a minority like the Arab-Israeli's, the Druze or an interested Black Hebrew?