Wednesday, August 13, 2008

JBloggerama

First, my apologies to Stephen for taking so long to post the badge! It is now up...

I have been reading, in countless posts across the Jblogosphere, various gripes and criticisms of the makeup of the panels. So for the record:

1) I am really not quite sure why I was invited to be on a panel. My blog is new. It has traffic, but not THAT much traffic.

2) For all my confusion, I am honored.

3) I suspect that I was selected because my blog featured a bombing. The jokes about the bombing probably did not hurt either.

4) I am going to have to come up with something good to follow up on the bombing thing, no? So far, I seem to be leaning towards "adventure-based education". I did the dinner. I have been invited to go on a Palestinian-guided tour of the West Bank. RivkA offered to hook me up for a weekend in Hevron. Ummm, that would be with a Palestinian family, right RivkA?



5) Warning: I do not actually look like the photo on my blog. Actually, as you probably guessed from my most recent posts, I look rather like the emoticon featured above.

5 comments:

muse said...

You were probably invited to be on the panel, since you don't wear the married dati women's uniform. Actually, not having met you, I don't know how you dress, but someone like me, looks too much like a cliche, and they asked my husband and between us there are about six active blogs or more.

Since I'm not on a panel I can crochet if I'm bored.

Honestly, the vegetarians should be complaining because of meat being served. ah aha! I'm glad I'm not arranging and deciding what hechsher.

But we all know how Jews love to kvetch...

Can't wait for f2f...

Debra said...

LOL! I dare say if it takes a Devilish slant on things to make the rest of us really stop and think, then you just keep on with your "Devil Made Me Do It" theme. (I'm certain you're not old enough to remember old "Laugh In" sketches...)

zahava said...

Me thinks they invited you 'cause you write [insert valley-girl mannerisms] "like, really, really well! :-)

Jack said...

It should be interesting.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Just let me know when you want to go....

RivkA