Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fine fine fine...I give in already

Miriam, here is your Five Things Meme. (Someone else tagged me on another meme a few weeks back--I did not fill it out, but if you remind me who you are, I will add a link).

5 Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago
1) Getting used to going by the name "Gila" and slowly but surely picking up social skills (I swear that the two really are related).
2) After ten months smoke-free, still fighting nicotine withdrawal symptoms. And getting fat.
3) Working at Arthur Andersen, and loathing it. The feeling was mutual.
4) Getting involved in Hadassah and loving it. Here again, the feeling was mutual.
5) Panicking because I was 28 and STILL NOT MARRIED (yeah....really humorous now, isn't it).

5 Things on My To-Do List Today
1) Write in my journal and plan my week
2) Call my sister-in-law to thank her for my very, very cool Hamsa bracelet (on my wrist now for five days straight).
3) Cook healthy, low-fat food for me to take to work for lunch (the week's goal is then to not completely destroy the effect by following up the healthy lunch with bread and nutella)
4) This evening: Go revisit an apartment I saw in Jerusalem and really liked AND go out with friends here in Tel Aviv. Not quite sure how or if I am going to manage this one.
5) Get married (just kidding)

5 Snacks I love
1) Chocolate
2) Pringles
3) Druze pita with labane, olive oil and zahatar (a meal, really--so I am cheating).
4) Apple with honey and cinammon
5) Popcorn

5 Things I'd Do if I Were a Millionaire
1) Buy an apartment
2) Give money to charity.
3) Take a year off and study at Nishmat or Pardes or some combination thereof. Write a book about it.
3) Travel: Spain, South America, Scotland, Ireland, China and the US. Write a book about it.
5) Write books for a living. Even if I did not make any money, what would it matter because, hey, I am a millionaire!

5 Places I Have Lived
1) Media, Pennsylvania
2) Houston, Texas
3) Newcastle, Delaware
4) Be'er Sheva, Israel
5) Arlington, Virgina (as a Marylander, am really ashamed to say this)

5 Jobs I Have Had
1) Midnight shift baker at Dunkin Donuts
2) Security guard
3) Telemarketer for MBNA America
4) Vacume cleaner salesman
5) Toll-booth collector

I tag: Washington Gardener, Safranit, Arab Chick, Quietus Leo and CK from Jewlicious.

7 comments:

QuietusLeo said...

So that's what you were ruminating about when we ran into each other in Tel Aviv.

Safranit said...

Damn...I knew I'd be here...I think people put me on their meme list just to hear from me more!

Miriam Goldstein said...

This is my evil laugh. And baking for Dunkin Donuts either sounds like a glorious heaven of Munchkins or like a hideous hellmount of...Munchkins.

Jack said...

Toll Booth collector- That always looked like kind of a lonely job to me.

Maus said...

What is lonely, allways have been working alone or in small teams.
While on the invasive species trapline for more than 10 years I never feel lonely, am thankful to be on a daily basis able to enjoy the weather, clouds or the lights and shades of the sun.

Lena said...

Marylanders always hate northern Virginians and so on. As a person from Tysons Corner, VA, we always blame Marylanders for traffic problems.

But Media, PA? I went there once, and, well...

RivkA with a capital A said...

Toll booth collector.... really?

For which highway??