Sunday, March 1, 2009

The update cord thingy for my Palm Pilot is dead (again). Rather than replace it, I decided to buy a simple planner and just copy stuff out from Outlook as need be. Last week, I popped into a stationary store where I found a planner with daily pages, a pink cover and a cute cartoon cow. I like cows. Bought the planner, left the store...and then it hit me.

I am 38. Nearly 40. I just bought a planner meant for a 12 year old.

I am turning into one of Those Women. Eventually, I will buy a poodle, dress it in precious little sweaters and start talking to it using baby language. "Is my dawling pwecious hungwy?"

Right. Let's try to head this off. I am keeping the cow. But if you see me with any Hello Kitty products, please, just shoot me. Just put all of us out of our misery.

6 comments:

tnspr569 said...

A Blackberry is the grown-up version of what you could use...a pricey version, though.

daughterofcancer said...

I wuv you vewwy much. :-)

Sarah said...

Uhm. My blackberry had an extremely standard USB/mini-USB cable. Are you sure yours is not the same? If so, that should be somewhere between very cheap and free (if you were to ask one of your geek friends like say...me!) to replace. I feel like this was just an excuse for you to go back to paper. You are SUCH a luddite!!!!! :P

Tzipporah said...

Does the cow have Goth makeup? Or heels?

Because, you know, then it would be very grown-up. ;)

Gila said...

You know, now that you mention it, the cow does have makeup and heels. Less Goth, more Betty Boop. Not sure if she is still grown up then.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Hey, the Far End is for grown ups! or for kids in grown up bodies... or, well, it's true I read it as a teen, but I don't really have to stop now, do I?